THIS IS A PLACE WHERE “AHA” MOMENTS ARE NEVER ENDING.
Montessori School of Denver has been recognized as an "Elementary School of Thought" and as one of the top Private Elementary Schools in 5280 Magazine’s "Denver’s Top Schools" edition. We offer programs from toddler through 8th grade (ages 2-14) and have a 50-year track record of inspiring success stories.
Quick facts about our school:
- We are a nationally recognized independent Montessori school.
- We are a community of approximately 300 students, 60 Faculty and Staff, and over 200 families.
- Our beautiful campus in southeast Denver sits on nearly six acres and has recently been added to and remodeled, including the addition of a brand new middle school.
- We were the first Montessori school in Colorado to be accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and the Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS).
In addition, MSD is a valued member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), receiving special recognition from this Association in three areas. We were awarded a place in the 20/20 Challenge Program to work on real-life solutions to global issues with schools outside the US. Plus, one of our teachers was among the NAIS 25 Teachers of the Future, setting the way for 21st century learning. And finally, our leaders have been selected to give multiple workshops at the NAIS conferences in past years.
At MSD, you’ll find a wonderful mix of academics and discovery, creativity, athletics, music, and so much more.
- Personal relationships are at the heart of all we do. Our teachers know what each child needs and nurture student growth in all areas.
- We foster intellectual curiosity. Lessons are intriguing, diverse, and designed to keep kids interested, active, and engaged. We encourage kids to be creative problem-solvers.
- We teach kids to think in connections. Our curriculum is highly integrated. Learning things in context makes sense for students!
- We think sitting still is overrated! When kids move their bodies, their brains have room to think.
- We teach responsibility. Kids learn how to partner in their own learning and to not be afraid to take risks. We encourage students to be good citizens.
- Our method works! Montessori philosophy is over 100 years old! Its effectiveness is supported by current brain research and best educational practices.
The forward-thinking ideas Maria Montessori introduced to the world 100 years ago have withstood the test of time because they were brilliantly, simply, about how human beings learn. And for 50 years, Montessori School of Denver has been building on those ideals, adding innovation and technology, increased global readiness and a curriculum that makes sure our graduates are ready for rigorous academics in high school and beyond.