THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF SOMETHING VERY EXCITING.
We are always thrilled to talk to families about Montessori School of Denver. You’ll find our Admission Office is friendly, available, and knows the answer to just about any question you can dream up. Here’s your roadmap for our application process. Jump in and get started!
- Visit our campus. A Montessori environment, whether indoor or outdoor, is a unique educational experience that can be truly appreciated by seeing it action. Join us for the opportunity to visit the classrooms, explore outdoor learning spaces, and engage with teachers and students. We may still have space just right for your child for the 2016-17 school year! Please contact the Admission Office to schedule a tour at 303-756-9441.
If you are interested in the 2017-18 school year, tours will begin in October and dates are posted below. To schedule a tour, please complete an inquiry HERE and tell us which tour date you are interested in. A member of the Admissions Team will follow up with you. Tours are for adults only, must be reserved in advance, and are a required part of the admission process. If you cannot make any of the tour dates listed or are visiting from out of town, please contact the Admission Office and we will be happy to schedule a tour that works for you.
Toddler: 9am to 11am Primary: 9am to 11am
Thursday, October, 6 Friday, October 7
Wednesday, October 26 Tuesday, October 25
Friday, November 18 Wednesday, November 16
Thursday, December 1 Friday, December 2
Thursday, January 12 Tuesday, January 10
Kindergarten: 10am to 11:15am Lower Elementary: 10:15am to 11:15am
Monday, October 17 Wednesday, October 5
Thursday, November 10 Wednesday, November 2
Tuesday, December 13 Tuesday, November 29
Monday, January 9 Wednesday, December 7
Thursday, January 5
Upper Elementary: 9:15am to 10:15am Middle School tours and
Wednesday, October 12 Early Toddler Class tours
Friday, November 4 are individually scheduled.
Tuesday, December 6 Please call 303-756-9441
Friday, January 6 to schedule a tour.
- Create an online account and complete the application HERE. For the 2017-18 school year, the application deadline is January 13, 2017. Middle School Applicants, please download the Supplementary Application HERE. For the Early Toddler Class application, please click here.
- Request Student Records and Transcripts. If your child is currently attending another school, please request that his or her transcripts and a teacher recommendation be sent from your child’s current school to MSD. Applicants to our Kindergarten through Middle School are required to have this information into MSD in order for the application to be complete.
If you are applying for Kindergarten through grade five, please submit the Confidential Teacher Recommendation and School Records Release Form to your child's current school.
If you are applying for grades six through eight, confidential recommendation forms must be submitted by the student’s current English and Math instructors, an additional teacher, and by an advisor or principal. A Transcript Release Form is also required. Download each form here:
English Teacher Rec Form
Math Teacher Rec Form
Additional Teacher Rec Form
Principal Rec Form
Transcript Release Form
- Student Visit. Once your application is complete, a member of the admission team will be in touch to schedule a student visit for all students age three and over. Toddler applicants are not required to visit. These visits vary in length according to the program to which your child is applying. Middle School applicants must present their portfolio during the student visit. Toddler applicants are not required to visit.
- Parent Interview. Once your application is complete, a member of the admission team will be in touch to schedule a parent interview. When you enroll your child at MSD, your family joins an amazing community of parents committed to a successful partnership between school and home. We value that relationship and therefore recognize the importance of getting to know you as well as your child during the admissions process. To that end, we require that parents attend a 30-minute meeting with a member of the admissions staff so that we can learn more about you. During this meeting, we are also available to answer questions regarding our educational philosophy, program hallmarks, and logistics, or any other questions you may have about your child’s application to MSD.
- Notification. After being reviewed by the Admissions Committee, decisions for the 2016-17 school year will be made in a timely manner and your family will be notified.
Notifications for the 2017-18 school year are as follows: Middle School is March 1, 2017 and Lower School is March 8, 2017.