WE HEART PARENTS.
Our amazing students come from some equally fantastic families. So we’re always excited to harness the talents and energy of the adults in our community.
The Parent Association is a volunteer organization that sponsors and coordinates various friend-raising and fundraising activities for MSD, as well as enhances and supports all aspects of our children’s education. All parents and guardians of currently enrolled students are automatically members of the Parent Association. Each year the Parent Association sponsors a series of events known as the Montessori Mixers. The Parent Association also runs the MSD store, selling Grocery Store Cards and MSD logo merchandise.
From friend-raisers to fundraisers, the Parent Association offers all kinds of fun opportunities for supporting our school. Friend-raisers build the sense of community that is so important to MSD, and the fundraisers support the three areas that help to keep our school strong – professional development, new technology in the classroom, and wherever it's needed most on campus.
Parent Association Events
2015-16 Parent Association Fundraisers
- Fall Harvest Festival, Sunday, Oct. 11, 11am-2pm, MSD Campus
- Fall Parent Social, Saturday, Nov. 7, 6pm, Bowling and BBQ Bonanza, Moe's BBQ, Parker Rd
- MSD Auction, Saturday, Apr. 30, 6pm
- MSD Store: Apr. 14, May 12, and Jun. 6
- Grocery Store Card Program (see program page for more information)
2015-16 Parent Association Friend-raisers
- Welcome Back Coffees, Tuesday, Sept. 2, 8:30am-10am & Wednesday, Sept. 3, 8:30-11:30am
- Moms Night Out, Wednesday, Sept. 16, 6pm, home of Lisa Kerscher
- Dads Night Out, Wednesday, Oct. 21, 6:30pm, Irish Hound
- Grandparents and Special Friends Celebration, Mon. Nov. 23 & Tues. Nov. 24
- MSD Family Dining Night @ Ester's (1950 South Holly St.), Mon, Apr. 11, 5-9pm
- Appreciation Committee