Our sixth grade is innovative and interactive in method, scholarly in content, and global in scope. Lessons are relevant, authentic to real-world experience, and guided toward student ambitions and passions. We foster intellectual curiosity through lessons that are intriguing, diverse, and designed to keep kids active and engaged.
- Core studies include mathematics, geometry, introduction to algebra, language, exposure to different genres of writing, literature, science and stewardship and social studies.
- Students are encouraged to be creative problem-solvers and to think in connections and learn in context.
- Teachers help students learn how to partner in their own learning, take responsibility, and not be afraid to take risks.
- An emphasis is placed on the development of time management skills.
- A multitude of leadership opportunities are available to students in sixth grade including leadership at Community Gatherings, morning meetings, yearbook, doing good projects, and school trips.
Sixth grade students also participate in Upper Elementary seminars of 21st Century skills that include Leadership and Service, Innovation and Technology, Global Science and Stewardship, and Economic Literacy and Entrepreneurship.