During the 2012-13 school year MSD completed an extraordinary new Master Plan designed to address campus facilities needs and to support our mission-driven programming. Phase I of the Master Plan is underway with an expected completion date in the spring 2014. The project includes:
- A completely renovated Upper Elementary/ Middle School Building with all new and additional windows, new Upper Elementary classrooms and breakout rooms, a new Middle School Center of Collaboration, Middle School classrooms, new foreign language classroom and lab, media room, Science and Innovation Tower and adjacent data lab.
- A new Arts and Athletics Center that will house a new gymnasium, complete with climbing wall, fitness room, drama and music room that doubles as a real stage, locker rooms, a teaching kitchen, a commons for lunch, after school, and community space, as well as an Art Barn.
- A new Athletic Field, continent gardens, discovery path and student-designed Tree House.
- Site improvements to the north end of the campus including resolving drainage issues, installing water taps and sewer lines, fixing hardscape, adding parking, and installing landscaping.
- A new Toddler/Primary Building that will house the entirety of our Toddler and All Day Primary classrooms.
- A new Welcome Center.