THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF SOMETHING VERY EXCITING.
We are always thrilled to talk to families about Montessori School of Denver. You’ll find our Admission Office is friendly, available, and knows the answer to just about any question you can dream up. Here’s your roadmap for our application process. Jump in and get started!
- Visit our campus. A Montessori environment is a unique educational experience that can be truly appreciated by seeing it action. Join us for the opportunity to visit the classrooms, explore outdoor learning spaces, and engage with teachers and students. To schedule a tour, please complete an inquiry HERE or call 303-756-9441 and a member of the Admissions Team will follow up with you. Tours for the 2019-20 school year will resume in September. Please call if you cannot find a date that works for you or when you have your travel plans set. We look forward to hearing from you!
At this time of year all tours are scheduled as needed and by appointment only. Please call 303-756-9441 to schedule your tour today.
The application deadline for the first round of admission for the 2018-19 school year was Tuesday, January 16, 2018. The application deadline for siblings was Friday, December 1, 2017. We are continuing to tour and accept applications until all spaces are filled or to be added to our wait pool. Please call 303-756-9441 for further information.
We will begin accepting applications for the 2019-20 school year in September.
Middle School Applicants, please download the Supplementary Application HERE. For the Early Toddler Class application, please click here.
*When completing the application, please note that the system may recognize your email address. MSD Parents, please use your Backbaud username and password. Prospective Parents, if the system recognizes you due to your inquiry, your email address will be highlighted in red after you click "submit." If this occurs, select the "Forgot Login?" button. You will receive a username and password via email to be able to access the online application.
- Request Student Records and Transcripts. Paperwork must be received by January 30. If your child is currently attending another school, please request that his or her transcripts and a teacher recommendation be sent from your child’s current school to MSD. Applicants to our Kindergarten through Middle School are required to have this information into MSD in order for the application to be complete.
If you are applying for Kindergarten through grade five, please submit the Confidential Teacher Recommendation Form and the Transcript Release Form to your child's current school.
If you are applying for grades six through eight, confidential recommendation forms must be submitted by the student’s current English and Math instructors, an additional teacher, and by an advisor or principal. A Transcript Release Form is also required. Download each form here:
English Teacher Rec Form
Math Teacher Rec Form
Additional Teacher Rec Form
Principal Rec Form
Transcript Release Form
- Student Visit. Admission visits are required in December, January and early February. Once your application is complete, a member of the admission team will be in touch to schedule a student visit for all students age three and over. Toddler applicants are not required to visit. Student visits vary in length according to the program to which your child is applying.
- Parent Chat. Admission parent chats must be completed by February 14. Once your application is complete, a member of the admission team will be in touch to schedule a parent chat. Kindergarten through Middle School parent chats are scheduled after your child's visit. When you enroll your child at MSD, your family joins an amazing community of parents committed to a successful partnership between school and home. We value that relationship and therefore recognize the importance of getting to know you as well as your child during the admissions process. To that end, we require that parents attend a 30-minute conversation with a member of the admissions staff so that we can learn more about you. During this meeting, we are also available to answer questions regarding our educational philosophy, program hallmarks, and logistics, or any other questions you may have about your child’s application to MSD.
- Notification. Lower School (Toddler through Fifth Grade) notification is Tuesday, March 6. Middle School notification is Wednesday, February 28.
After the first round of notifications, we will continue rolling admission until all spaces are filled. We will work with families to complete the admission process as quickly as possible.