THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF SOMETHING VERY EXCITING.
We are always thrilled to talk to families about Montessori School of Denver. You’ll find our Admission Office is friendly, available, and knows the answer to just about any question you can dream up. Here’s your roadmap for our application process. Jump in and get started!
- Visit our campus. A Montessori environment is a unique educational experience that can be truly appreciated by seeing it action. Join us for the opportunity to visit the classrooms, explore outdoor learning spaces, and engage with teachers and students. To schedule a tour, please complete an inquiry HERE or call 303-756-9441. Please let us know if you have a tour date you are interested in attending in the comments section. After receiving an inquiry, a member of the Admissions Team will follow up with you. Our 2018-19 tour dates are below. Please call if you cannot find a date that works for you or when you have your travel plans set. We look forward to hearing from you!
Friday, September 29, 9-11am
Tuesday, October 10, 9-11am
Wednesday, October, 9-11am
Thursday, November 9, 9-11am
Tuesday, November 14, 9-11am
Thursday, December 7, 9-11am
Wednesday, December 20, 9-11am
Friday, January 12, 9-11am
Tuesday, January 23, 9-11am
Wednesday, September 27, 9-10:45am
Wednesday, October 11, 9-10:45am
Tuesday, October 24, 9-10:45am
Friday, November 10, 9-10:45am
Thursday, November 16, 9-10:45am
Wednesday, December 6, 9-10:45am
Tuesday, December 19, 9-10:45am
Friday, January 12, 9-10:45am
Wednesday, January 24, 9-10:45am
Wednesday, September 20, 10-11:30am
Thursday, October 5, 10-11:30am
Tuesday, October 17, 10-11:30am
Thursday, November 2, 10-11:30am
Wednesday, December 13, 10-11:30am
Tuesday, September 19, 10:15-11:15am
Wednesday, October 4, 10:15-11:15am
Thursday, October 19, 10:15-11:15am
Wednesday, November 8, 10:15-11:15am
Thursday, December 14, 10:15-11:15am
Middle School Tours and Early Toddler Tours are individually scheduled. Please call the office to schedule at 303-756-9441.MSD OPEN HOUSE - Saturday, November 11 from 9:30am - 11:30am. Come visit and see for yourself how MSD delightfully engages, inspires, and challenges students from Toddler to Middle School! Children are welcome. You will have the opportunity to visit the classrooms, explore the outdoor learning environments, and meet our amazing teachers. We welcome all families! Please RSVP HERE.
The application deadline for the first round of admission for the 2018-19 school year is Tuesday, January 16, 2018. The application deadline for siblings is Friday, December 1, 2017. Middle School Applicants, please download the Supplementary Application HERE. For the Early Toddler Class application, please click here.
- Request Student Records and Transcripts. If your child is currently attending another school, please request that his or her transcripts and a teacher recommendation be sent from your child’s current school to MSD. Applicants to our Kindergarten through Middle School are required to have this information into MSD in order for the application to be complete.
If you are applying for Kindergarten through grade five, please submit the Confidential Teacher Recommendation Form and School Records Release to your child's current school.
If you are applying for grades six through eight, confidential recommendation forms must be submitted by the student’s current English and Math instructors, an additional teacher, and by an advisor or principal. A Transcript Release Form is also required. Download each form here:
English Teacher Rec Form
Math Teacher Rec Form
Additional Teacher Rec Form
Principal Rec Form
Transcript Release Form
- Student Visit. Once your application is complete, a member of the admission team will be in touch to schedule a student visit for all students age three and over. Toddler applicants are not required to visit. These visits vary in length according to the program to which your child is applying. Middle School applicants must present their portfolio during the student visit. Toddler applicants are not required to visit.
- Parent Interview. Once your application is complete, a member of the admission team will be in touch to schedule a parent interview. When you enroll your child at MSD, your family joins an amazing community of parents committed to a successful partnership between school and home. We value that relationship and therefore recognize the importance of getting to know you as well as your child during the admissions process. To that end, we require that parents attend a 30-minute meeting with a member of the admissions staff so that we can learn more about you. During this meeting, we are also available to answer questions regarding our educational philosophy, program hallmarks, and logistics, or any other questions you may have about your child’s application to MSD.
- Notification. Lower School (Toddler through Fifth Grade) notification is Tuesday, March 6. Middle School notification is Wednesday, February, 28.