THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF SOMETHING VERY EXCITING.
We are always thrilled to talk to families about Montessori School of Denver. You’ll find our Admission Office is friendly, available, and knows the answer to just about any question you can dream up. Here’s your roadmap for our application process. Jump in and get started!
- Visit our campus. A Montessori environment is a unique educational experience that can be truly appreciated by seeing it action. Join us for the opportunity to visit the classrooms, explore outdoor learning spaces, and engage with teachers and students. To schedule a tour, please complete an inquiry HERE or call 303-756-9441. After receiving an inquiry, a member of the Admissions Team will follow up with you. We will resume tours for familes with students eligible for or interested in the 2018-19 school year at the end of September.
- APPLY ONLINE HERE. For the 2017-18 school year, we are currently accepting applications. We will continue to accept applications for our waitlist and until all spaces are filled. For the 2018-19 school year, we will begin accepting applications in September and until January 16, 2018 for the first round of admission decisions. Middle School Applicants, please download the Supplementary Application HERE. For the Early Toddler Class application, please click here.
- Request Student Records and Transcripts. If your child is currently attending another school, please request that his or her transcripts and a teacher recommendation be sent from your child’s current school to MSD. Applicants to our Kindergarten through Middle School are required to have this information into MSD in order for the application to be complete.
If you are applying for Kindergarten through grade five, please submit the Confidential Teacher Recommendation Form and School Records Release to your child's current school.
If you are applying for grades six through eight, confidential recommendation forms must be submitted by the student’s current English and Math instructors, an additional teacher, and by an advisor or principal. A Transcript Release Form is also required. Download each form here:
English Teacher Rec Form
Math Teacher Rec Form
Additional Teacher Rec Form
Principal Rec Form
Transcript Release Form
- Student Visit. Once your application is complete, a member of the admission team will be in touch to schedule a student visit for all students age three and over. Toddler applicants are not required to visit. These visits vary in length according to the program to which your child is applying. Middle School applicants must present their portfolio during the student visit. Toddler applicants are not required to visit.
- Parent Interview. Once your application is complete, a member of the admission team will be in touch to schedule a parent interview. When you enroll your child at MSD, your family joins an amazing community of parents committed to a successful partnership between school and home. We value that relationship and therefore recognize the importance of getting to know you as well as your child during the admissions process. To that end, we require that parents attend a 30-minute meeting with a member of the admissions staff so that we can learn more about you. During this meeting, we are also available to answer questions regarding our educational philosophy, program hallmarks, and logistics, or any other questions you may have about your child’s application to MSD.
- Notification. Once the application process is complete, notifications for the 2017-18 school year can be processed within two weeks. For the 2018-19 school year, notifications of admission decisions for Middle School are Wednesday, February 28, 2018. Lower School (todlder through fifth grade) admission decisions are Tuesday, March 6, 2018.