We're just a few months away from the biggest event of the year - the MSD Auction. This night is a huge fundraiser for our school and it's a great party you will not want to miss. This year's event will be held on Saturday, April 21 at The Ritz Carlton, Downtown Denver. The evening includes a silent auction, appetizers and dinner, complimentary wine, live auction and paddle raise, and of course, dancing to a DJ to wrap up the night!
For this year's theme, "Putting on the Glitz," imagine ladies in sequin dresses, glamorous gowns, or the perfect "Little Black Dress," and men in tuxedos, dark suits, and velvet blazers. Click here to view the Pinterest page we have started and are adding to all the time to give you fashion ideas.
A great Auction begins with great donations! We can use everyone's help securing donations (or personally donating). Here are some suggestions:
- Restaurants you love! Restaurants are probably THE most popular item in the Silent Auction and they always raise at or above their value for our school. The ideal donation from an upscale restaurant is $75 to $100, and casual spots $25 to $50. Any and all restaurant gift certificates welcome!
- Getaways! Do you or someone you know own a condo/home in the mountains, or anywhere else cool that they would be willing to donate? Again, these are super popular and we can put blackout dates and restrictions on their availability.
- Sports, sports, sports! Are you or someone you know friends with a local athlete who might be willing to sign a football, baseball, basketball, etc? Do you own awesome seats to the Broncos, Nuggets, Avs, Rockies, or Rapids? Anything sports-related is huge! We can put restrictions on your ticket donations, such as "game to be mutually agreed upon" and "excludes the Patriots and Chiefs games."
- Unique experiences! These include those types of experiences that "can't be bought" such as a behind-the-scenes tour at an exclusive winery in Sonoma or a craft brewery here in Denver, a day with a locally-elected official, and many other unique experiences.
- Host a Theme Party! We call these "Buy-A-Shares" at MSD. Basically, you host a party and we sell "shares" to the party. Last year, some of the parties included a Family Pool Party, Lego Party for Kids, Karaoke Night at Voicebox, and an Italian Wine Dinner. You can host a theme party on your own, or with one or two other families. All of the theme parties are always a big hit!
Click here to access the online donation form or click HERE to download the printable Auction donation form. We need all Auction paperwork to be submitted by Wednesday, March 21, and items turned in by Wednesday, April 11.
$150 Early Bird Tickets to the event will be available for purchase at the end of February through April 4. Sponsorships are available, please contact Carole Baran, Director of Parent Programs & Events at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Want to stay at the Ritz the night of the Auction? We have a block of rooms for just $259 for the night! Click here to reserve your room today.
Please let us know if you have any questions, and we look forward to seeing you on April 21!
2018 Auction Co-Chairs:
Kymberly Botelho, email@example.com
Vanessa Homuth, firstname.lastname@example.org