GROCERY STORE CARDS
The Grocery Store Card program is an important fundraiser for MSD. We sell the following cards:
- $25 and $100 Whole Foods
- $50 and $100 Safeway
- $50 and $100 Sprouts
- $25 Starbucks (which can be added to your Starbucks app!)
- $25 to ink! Coffee (until supplies last)
- $100 Amazon (can be loaded to your Amazon account!)
- $100 Target
We are excited to announce that we now have reloadable grocery store cards through King Soopers! The new reloadable cards have been distributed to our families that purchase monthly King Soopers cards. The best thing about the reloadable cards is that there are no fees incurred by MSD and we receive the full 5% on each dollar that is loaded on to the card. Be sure to read the following Frequently Asked Questions to learn all about the new reloadable cards.
Here’s how it works:
- Your reloadable card is already loaded with $5 on it, so it’s ready to go!
- Each time you shop and need to reload your card, the card must be reloaded in a SEPARATE TRANSACTION PRIOR TO YOUR GROCERIES BEING RUNG UP OR SCANNED. Please ask the cashier to do this first before starting to scan your grocery items. You may also reload your card at the Customer Service desk, there is just a five-minute delay before the funds on the card can be used.
- Your card may be reloaded for any amount up to $500 and can be used indefinitely.
How long is the card good for?
Your King Soopers card is issued once and can be used over and over and over again. The dollar amount on the card never expires. However, if your balance goes to zero and you don’t reload the card within 90 days, your card will become inactive. If this happens, please contact us for a new card. If you reload your card after it becomes inactive, we will not get the 5% credit for the reloads.
What happens if I lose or throw away my card?
Each reloadable card comes with an ID Number on the back that keeps track of your balance. MSD will keep track of this number for you. If you lose your card, your money isn’t gone (provided someone didn’t find the card and use it immediately). The balance on your card can be retrieved, we will retire your old number and issue you a new card with the balance from your lost card.
Do I still earn Work Bond for reloading the card?
Yes, that program remains the same. You earn one Work Bond Credit for each $200 you reload. You can track these purchases on your own on your Work Bond card, but we will also receive reports from King Soopers that will show us by ID number what has been loaded on to the card.
What can I use the card for?
Your reloadable card is just like a regular King Soopers Gift Card. They can be used for any purchases (except for services and other gift cards). You also can use your card for gas at the King Soopers or City Market Fuel Centers, and for alcohol purchases.
What does the sticker on the front of my card mean?
The sticker is for you to remember to reload and use the card to benefit MSD and deter you from throwing it away.
How do I find the balance on my Reloadable Card?
There are four ways to obtain the balance on your card: The balance is always printed on the bottom of your register receipt, you can call 866-822-6252; visit www.gcbalance.com, or have the cashier check your balance for you.
How can I help this program be the most successful for MSD?
- Remember to RELOAD your card(s) BEFORE your purchases are scanned by the cashier.
- DO NOT THROW YOUR CARD AWAY after the value is depleted…RELOAD IT!
- You can buy an additional $5 reloadable cards from us from us for other family members, friends, etc. They’re good across the nation at all Kroger affiliated stores.
How to purchase regular Grocery Store Cards:
1) Sign up for the monthly Grocery Store Card program here (or on the 'M at bottom of page).
2) Place a one-time order. One-time orders are now processed on a weekly basis. Order cards Monday through Friday of one week, and they are ready for pick-up by the following Tuesday at 11:30. Click HERE to place your one-time order!
3) Purchase cards in the MSD Store when it is open during the Welcome Back Coffees, Grandparents & Special Friends Day, and select dates during the school year.
Monthly Program Details: When you enroll in the monthly program, your credit card is charged for your first month’s order, and your cards will be available in the following month's distribution. After that, it will be automatically charged on the 5th day of the month of your next order. Cards are typically ready for pick-up at the Welcome Center within two business days of the 5th of the month. Carline distribution is scheduled for the following dates: Friday, December 7; Wednesday, January 9; Friday, February 8; Monday, March 11; Tuesday, April 9; Wednesday, May 8 and Friday, June 7. We may not always be able to be in carline due to inclement weather, and we will communicate that with you.
In addition to feeding your family and raising money for MSD, you receive one Work Bond credit for every $200 accumulated in card purchases (any combination of cards). So for example, if you join the monthly program, order $200 a month in cards of any combination for October through June, that easily earns you nine Work Bond credits! All you’ve done is spend money you already would have buying groceries for your family, or on your daily latte, AND you’ve helped MSD! Last year, we raised over $20,000 from Grocery Store Cards. Plus, we track the purchases for you so this is Work Bond that we keep track of!
Now for some fine print: You can order or purchase cards from more than one vendor/store; the cards do not expire, and they are like cash. MSD cannot replace the cards if they are lost or stolen, so we recommend that you register them with the store so they can replace them if that happens. Also, if you are a Starbucks Gold Member, you can purchase the Starbucks cards and load them on to your existing account. If you need to make any changes to your order, including changing your credit card, contact Nicole Kimball, Staff Accountant, at 303-756-9441, ext. 294 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the program, please contact Carole Baran, Director of Parent Programs and Events, 303-756-9441, ext. 113 or email@example.com.