LEARNING IS A LIFE-LONG PROPOSITION. JOIN US TO EXPAND YOUR BRAIN AND MEET NEW FRIENDS.
MSD offers a series of unique adult education events during the school year. While the specific topics change yearly, Parent Education events always provide the opportunity to learn more about child development, best practices when it comes to teaching and parenting, and more about the hallmarks of the different MSD programs. There are morning coffees with the Head of School, as well as evening presentations about curriculum. All Parent Education events are dynamic, engaging, and leave you wanting to come to MSD every day with your child.
In fulfilling a family’s Work Bond obligation for the school year, MSD asks each family to attend at least one Parent Education event (worth two Work Bond credits). Of course, you are welcome to attend as many as you’d like! Each time a family member attends a Parent Ed event, they are asked to sign in. The presenter that day, or Ashley in the Welcome Center, may sign and date the Work Bond card.
We welcome all of our current parents, prospective parents, and members of the community to join us for these Parent Education Events.
Stay tuned for the complete brochure!
2017-18 Parent Education Events:
- MSD 101, Saturday, August 26, 2017, 9am
- Parent’s Guide to First Grade, Friday, September 8, 2017, 8:30am
- 8th Grade Outplacement Meeting, Monday, September 18, 2017, 8:30am
- Parent Ed: Coffee, Friday, October 6, 2017, 8:30am
- Parent Choice Night, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 6pm
- Parent Ed: Coffee, Friday, November 3, 2017, 8:30am
- Back to Work Night (TODD-MS), Thursday, November 9, 2017, 6pm
- The Next Chapter (ELEM-MS), Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 8:30am
- Parent Ed: Coffee, Friday, December 1, 2017, 8:30am
- Alumni Student and Parent Panel, Thursday, December 7, 2017, 6pm
- Parent Ed: Coffee, Friday, January 12, 2018, 8:30am
- Primary 101, Thursday, January 18, 2018, 8:30am
- Kindergarten 101, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 12pm
- Parent Ed: Coffee, Friday, February 2, 2018, 8:30am
- Parent Choice Night, Thursday, February 8, 2018, 6pm
- UE & MS Science/Sustainability Fair, Thursday, February 22, 2018, 6pm
- Back to Work Night (TODD/PRI/K), Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 6pm
- Parent Ed: Coffee, Friday, March 2, 2018, 8:30am
- Lower Elementary FUNdamentals Fair, Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 6pm
- Parent Ed: Coffee, Friday, April 6, 2018, 8:30am
If you are interested in attending an event, please call 303-756-9441, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to RSVP.