WORKING TOGETHER TO CREATE THE MOST EXTRAORDINARY OF SCHOOLS.
Volunteering at MSD is a win-win for everyone. Our volunteers enrich our community with energy, ideas, and enthusiasm. Our parent volunteers gain a better understanding of our school’s mission and educational philosophy. Plus, our students develop self-confidence and greater self-esteem in a supportive environment that includes students, faculty, staff, and parents. Ultimately, our children learn the importance and gratification of giving back to their community the way their parents do.
The Work Bond Program is designed to strengthen the quality of the volunteer program and to keep tuition increase to a minimum. The Work Bond fee of $250 is paid when a family enters the school with the expectation that each family will volunteer a minimum of 25 hours during the school year.
This year’s volunteer and Work Bond opportunities are as follows:
- Book Fair Volunteers work with the MSD Librarian to set-up, breakdown, and staff the Annual Spring Book Fair.
- MSD Library Volunteers help shelve returned books, and check items out to MSD students and parents, as well as any other tasks the Librarian may need help with.
- Classroom Jobs are available throughout the year including laundry, animal care, field trip chaperoning, visiting classrooms to share family traditions and careers, travel experiences or come to celebrate with the class, and much more. Contact your child's teacher directly for more information.
- Classroom Substitutes work in the classrooms and support our students and teachers directly. Contact Lydia Desmarais at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lunchroom Volunteers work in the lunchroom filling water pitchers, cleaning tables, sweeping the floors, helping our younger students with their lunches and other jobs as needed. Contact Carole Baran at email@example.com.
Parent Association Opportunities:
- MSD Fall Harvest Festival: This festive fall family event will take place on our campus on Sunday, October 8, 2017. You can be part of the fun by planning a day your family will not forget! Volunteers also work the event, including both set-up and clean up. Contact Carole Baran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grandparents and Special Friends Day: This wonderful annual event will be held on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving Break. On this special day, we welcome MSD Grandparents and Special Friends onto our campus for the morning. Volunteers work the day before, and the day of the event, to set-up, clean up, greet guests, and to serve as campus guides. Contact Carole Baran at email@example.com.
- Appreciation Committee: A group of volunteers help throughout the year to coordinate and provide Faculty and Staff Appreciation breakfast or lunch treats. These can be purchased or homemade items. Committee members also provide refreshments for Parent Education events that are held in the evenings. Contact Carole Baran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Auction: This spring fundraiser is the PA’s largest and best-attended event! There are many ways you can be a part of this amazing night. Volunteers work on acquisitions, decor, event planning, classroom projects, and more! Event planning for the Auction starts in the fall. The Auction is set for Saturday, April 21, 2018. Contact Carole Baran at email@example.com.
- Grocery Store Cards Purchasing: $200 worth of Grocery Cards equals one Work Bond Credit. Signing up monthly allows you to accumulate Work Bond easily. Also, volunteers are needed to work carline distributing monthly Grocery Store Card orders. Contact Carole Baran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MSD Store: Volunteers work during the open hours of the Store, and help with merchandise inventory. Contact Carole Baran at email@example.com.