WE ARE AN ENTIRE COMMUNITY OF GLOBAL DO-GOODERS.
Doing Good is a long-standing tradition at MSD and an integral part of our school culture. We recognize the importance of educating our children to be not only competent individuals, but also people who are thoughtful, compassionate, and civic-minded members of society. Doing good at MSD not only benefits those in need but it also provides opportunities for students to utilize skills learned in the classroom, develop leadership skills, appreciate diversity, and learn character and the concept of giving selflessly. We are an entire community of global do-gooders. You’ll see our commitment to making a difference through projects that are both global and local in perspective. From collecting pennies to building schools in Pakistan to assembling children’s medical kits for distribution in Belize, or simply reading to a younger classmate on campus, good things are happening at MSD. Some examples of the good we’re doing include:
- Socktober! The Middle School Student Council students collect socks for the less fortunate in our community
- South Platte Family Stewardship Day (previously known as "Family RiverSweep") – gather to clean and improve several City Parks along The South Platte River.
- Coats For Colorado – collecting coats for donation at Thanksgiving time
- The Penny Harvest – collecting pennies and turning those pennies into grants for community organizations
- Reach Out and Read (ROAR) book collection – donating books to doctor's offices around the nation to promote literacy and a love of reading
- Global Giving – supporting grassroots projects by donating to globalgiving.com
- The Heifer Project – providing families the ability to self-sustain through farming
- The Book Giveaway – collecting books for Family Star Montessori and Operation School Bell
- Filling Betsy’s Cupboard – collecting supplies for The Gathering Place, a day shelter for Women and Children
- Warren Village – selling baked goods to buy books for the Library in the Day Care Center at Warren Village and helping with their Holiday Shop
- Campus-wide Recycling – keeping our campus “green”
- 20/20 Challenge Program Mosquito Net Project – designing a better mosquito net for the protection of children under the age of five in Zambia
Read what our parents say or call 303-756-9441 to schedule a tour.